memory problems

From: Thomas Angst <tangst(at)not-real.granitsoft.ch>
Date: Sat Mar 19 2005 - 00:04:45 GMT
Hello,

after I followed the advice of Bill Mosley and I use an external Program
to walk thru the files, the memory usage of swish-e is exploding. It
seems swish-e stores the whole output of  the tracer program until the
memory and swapfile is full and then swish-e collapse sometimes it takes
slapd with in the grave. What can I do to fix that problem? Here are my
testfiles:

There is no difference between normal and economy mode
call: swish-e [-e]  -c swish-e.conf -S prog

swish-e.conf
IndexDir ./test.sh
IndexFile index.test

StoreDescription HTML* <content> 20000
StoreDescription XML*  <text:p> 20000
StoreDescription TXT 20000

test.sh
#!/bin/sh
typeset -i nr=0
while [ $nr -le 100000 ] ; do
  # only a long path to fill the memory, but no content
  echo "Path-Name:
file://///server/path/spartux/src/spartux/debian/deb/dev/fd/4/spartux/src/spartux/debian/deb/dev/fd/4/spartux/src/spartux/debian/deb/dev/fd/4/spartux/src/spartux/debian/deb/dev/fd/4/spartux/src/spartux/debian/deb/dev/fd/4/spartux/src/spartux/debian/deb/dev/cciss/c1d13p3"
  echo "Content-Length: 0"
  echo "Document-Type: TXT"
  echo ""
  nr=$nr+1