Re: zlib uncompress error. A solution?

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Mar 17 2005 - 15:26:20 GMT
On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 01:55:01AM -0800, Carmelo Carchedi wrote:
> the result is:
> Warning: Failed to uncompress Property. zlib uncompress returned: -5.
> uncompressed size: xxxxx buf_len: -yyyyyyyyy

We have had other problems like this.  Swish is made up of a binary
and a library, and if I remember correctly, in one case someone had a
mismatched-matched binary and library (binary from one version and the
library from another).

But I'm not sure if that's your problem.  Error -5 is a buffer error
-- which I believe means that the wrong buffer size was created for
uncompressing the data.

> searching with other tags is ok.
>
> Under Linux all is ok,
> The problem is Under windows.

That's a problem as I have no way to debug under windows.

If you turn off zlib compression does that fix things?

  PropCompressionLevel 0

> Sorry for my bad english.

No problem at all.

As people on this list know, mine isn't that great, either.