Re: Thesaurus code

From: Roman Chyla <chyla(at)not-real.knihovnabbb.cz>
Date: Thu Mar 17 2005 - 09:26:09 GMT
hi Finlay,

I am new to theseaurus-in-swish idea. Does your thesaurus expand query
and show different results? Stating for example

I searched for "query"
.
this was found as a similar "term"
this was found as a "parent term"
or do you want to repeat searching with this "subordinate term" ?

whatever it does, it might be very useful

Somewhere, in this list, was discussion about checking query words
against a prepared list of best-docs, ie. searching for "search engine"
in index of apache documentation, will also return a link to swish-e
doc, even though the doc was not in the indexed docs itself

roman