Re: The swish-d cluster system is ready for beta

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Mar 16 2005 - 21:13:53 GMT
> Each swishd ran the search and returned results to cluster_mgr. Then
> cluster_mgr sorted the results by rank to look something like the
> following and sends back to the origional client. Notice that the
> results are in reverse order by rank:

Although the ranks coming from different indexes may not be related,
right?  The displayed rank is scaled based on the result set for a
given index.  You may have a result from one index with a rank of 900 that
seems less related than a result from another index that ranks 800.
Still, probably works fine in most cases.  I wonder if swish could give
you more of a raw ranking score and then have your manager scale the
ranks all at once.

Very cool.  Now you have fodder for a publication!