Re: Using Swish-e from within an offline Flash / Shockwave movie

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Mar 10 2005 - 18:23:26 GMT
On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 09:25:57AM -0800, Marjorie Burghart wrote:
> Hi !
> I'd like to use Swish-e to perform searches on an offline index, on a
> CDROM (ideally cross-platform).
> My main problem is the GUI : I'd like to use a simple Flash movie
> (projection on th CD), but I can't manage to find any piece of
> information about interaction between Swish-e and Flash MX. Does anyone
> altready tried this ?
> Maybe a java applet would be an interesting tool, but the only one I
> found (http://www.ch-werner.de/swishej/) is quite old and doesn't seem
> to work with the current index format of Swish-e.
> Thank you in advance for any help !
> Marjorie (Swish-e newbie)

Swish provides a C API to access the index.  Correct me if I'm wrong,
but for java to access the index I'd think there would need to be java
code that knows the format of the index, which doesn't exist (as part
of the swish project).  So if there was one, it would soon be
out-dated.  But someone that knows more about this should answer.