Re: indexing problem

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Tue Mar 08 2005 - 14:57:53 GMT
On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 05:02:13AM -0800, Peter Karman wrote:
> > StoreDescription HTML* <body> 20000
> try setting the type explicitly to HTML instead of HTML* -- if you
> compiled with libxml2 it may be getting confused?

"HTML" is for the old parser.  "HTML2" is the libxml2 parser.
"HTML*" says use HTML2 if available, otherwise use HTML.

HTML2 is better.  When libxml2 support was first added libxml2 was
just becoming more standard on distributions.  But I think it's
getting to the point where the old parser can be removed.

Help with Swish-e: