pgswish - query swish-e index from PostgreSQL

From: Dobrica Pavlinusic <dpavlin(at)not-real.rot13.org>
Date: Sun Mar 06 2005 - 13:48:59 GMT
I just committed source code for my pet project pgswish on pgFoundry.
It's available at:

http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgswish/

pgswish allows integration of search results from swish-e index and structured
data from PostgreSQL. It's a function which returns multi-row data in
PostgreSQL which is swish-e search result.

It's not meant as replacement for other full-text search engines in
PostgreSQL (although it could be used as such with few additional triggers)
because it knows nothing about swish-e index or how to update it.

Currently, it returns swishrank, swishdocpath, swishtitle and
swishdocsize. I plan to write version which can return arbitrary table
structure (beginning of code for that is already in CVS under pgswish2
function), but that is work-in-progress.

I'm interested about comments and success/failure stories if anybody is
interested in using this extension.

--
Dobrica Pavlinusic               2share!2flame            dpavlin@rot13.org
Unix addict. Internet consultant.             http://www.rot13.org/~dpavlin