bug when searching for single words containing non-wordcharacters ?

From: Uwe Dierolf <swishe(at)not-real.ubka.uni-karlsruhe.de>
Date: Thu Mar 03 2005 - 08:45:06 GMT
Hello,

probably we've found a (perhaps even serious) bug in swish-e concerning
searching for words containing non-Wordcharacters using
an index built out of content of XML files.

We are using "UndefinedMetaTags auto" in our conf file.
So every XML element will be a searchaspect (== a metaname).

If we are searching like this
   swish-e -w 'metaname=foo_bar'
and if "_" is not defined as a searchable character (Wordcharacters)
than internally swish-e does the following
   swish-e -w 'metaname=foo bar'

But this is not what we are looking for!
This search means find "foo" in metaname and "bar" anywhere.

We are using as workaround the syntax which we have to use
if we are looking for two or more words:
   swish-e -w 'metaname=(foo_bar)'
== swish-e -w 'metaname=(foo bar)'
== swish-e -w 'metaname=foo and metaname=bar'

Is it a bug or a feature?
If the answer is YES who can / has to fix this bug? ;-)

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards, Uwe Dierolf

Uwe Dierolf
University of Karlsruhe - University Library
P.O.Box 6920, 76049 Karlsruhe, Germany
phone(fax) : 49/721/608-6076(4886)
www        : http://www.ubka.uni-karlsruhe.de/dierolf/