Need some help with btree.c (Jose Ruiz still out there?)

From: Gunnar Mätzler <maetzler(at)not-real.mediadynamics.de>
Date: Tue Mar 01 2005 - 12:19:05 GMT
Hello everybody,

as i mentioned before i am still trying to use swish-e with the indexfiles
sitting on cd-rom. Therefore i am still trying to minimze file access.

The search in the btree itself is fast as lightning, but then it comes to
reading the worddata.
I found out that during a wildcard search in my indexfiles the worddata file
has to be opened about 16.000 times.

Therefore i am thinking about storing the worddata also in the btree file.
(replace the wordID with the worddata). I know that the btree file will get
a lot larger this way, but when i found the word the filepointer is already
in position to read the data.

Now i am trying to figure out what to change in the btree.c code to make
this work. Where i get lost are the BTREE_KeyData, BTREE_KeyDataOffset, and
BTREE_KeyIndexOffset Macros.

Could someone point me into the right direction to make this work with a
char buffer (worddata) instead of an integer value (wordID)?

Best regards

Gunnar Mätzler