Re: Please fix badlinks

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Feb 22 2005 - 02:11:08 GMT
On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 09:08:05AM +0800, Peter Farmer wrote:
> Assuming the .cgi extension has been globally mapped to the handler
> "cgi-script" (from mod_cgi)  and normally  the .html extension is mapped to
> the MIME-type "text/html", then the files  *.cgi.html will be associated with
> both the "cgi-script" handler and "text/html" MIME-type. The handler will
> have precedence here and process the file as a cgi script ..

I don't use AddHandler very often.  Didn't realize .cgi was also
cgi.foo.

> So you need to either override the handler with another handler or in this
> case I'd say you want to remove any handler association :
>
> RemoveHandler .cgi
>
> That should leave it to be handled via the default handler .

Interesting.  I was using SetHandler default-handler, and then due to
the AddType text/x-server-parsed-html .html line it was sending that
content type.  Would have thought that would be the same thing as
RemoveHandler.  Something new to know!  Thanks.