Re: Please fix badlinks

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Tue Feb 22 2005 - 01:43:20 GMT
On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 10:11 -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
>I set that directory with .htaccess to SetHandler default-content but
>then they have .html files set up as x-server-parsed (globally!),
>which any reasonable browser (other than IE) won't display.  People
>using IE for developing sites are often clueless to content-type problems.
>
>$ HEAD http://swish-e.org/docs/swish.cgi.html | grep Content-Type

Don't the CGI script headers override the server?  I have no clue how
that works with Perl, though.  In PHP scripts I would send out a
Content-type header at the top of the script.  Then again, it's been
ages since I've had to mess with CGI scripts.  I forget if that worked
when being used as a CGI.

Also, I often set "Options +Multiviews" then name my scripts like
foobar.html.php to allow them to be called like:
  http://server/foobar.html

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/