Re: Swish-e.org Website

From: Peter Farmer <peter.farmer(at)not-real.zveno.com>
Date: Fri Feb 11 2005 - 08:25:35 GMT
On Friday 11 February 2005 2:39 pm, Bill Moseley wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 07:30:58PM -0800, Peter Farmer wrote:
> > content. Especially if you dont use a CMS (are you, by the way ?) .
>
> Well, if you consider cvs and Template-Toolkit a CMS, then yes.

No not really then ;-)  .

> Maybe we need a different "skin" for swish-e.com.  Perhaps, photos of
> office workers pointing at their screens.  And some flash.

Didnt even realise their was a .com address !. That  flashy picture stuff
doesnt grab my attention when I'm trawling for technology to solve my IT
problems. Easy-to-find-content and an uncluttered layout keeps me on a site.
Just like it is now ... But if you did want to differentiate the two
domains , basic skinning should be easy now that css is properly integrated .
I find that intelligent structural markup and standard  css plus just a litle
bit of simple server side scripting technology (std SSI is usually enough)
can deliver a site that can have many personalities without any significant
increase in machine or human overheads.

Peter Farmer