Re: SetSearchLimit and -L

From: <SSchattenberg(at)>
Date: Tue Feb 08 2005 - 09:16:41 GMT
Sorry for the vague-ness and thank you for your help.

When I use SetSearchLimit in my cgi, like this:

      my $low = "2005-01-11";
      my $high = "2005-01-14";
      $search->SetSearchLimit("publicationdate", $low, $high);

It does not limit the search.  In fact, I still get all matching results
regardless of date.  And as I said before, running swish-e from the command
line with this command:

      swish-e -w bush -s publicationdate -L publicationdate 2005-01-11

Produces the desired results which indicates that the problem lies
somewhere in my perl code.

                      Bill Moseley
                      <>        To:       Multiple recipients of list <>
                      Sent by:                  cc:
                      swish-e@sunsite3.b        Subject:  [SWISH-E] Re: SetSearchLimit and -L
                      02/07/05 06:00 PM
                      Please respond to

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 08:14:32AM -0800, wrote:
> However, I have assumed that the function SetSearchLimit from the perl
> should do something similar but it does not.

What does it do instead -- or not do, as the case may be?  I probably
could have answered your question if you provided an example of the

> 1.  What is the difference between SetSearchLimit and -L

> and 2, how can I limit my searches by date without rewriting code to
> produce a date in a different format?

It's slightly more efficient to use a number to store the dates, but
what you are doing seems fine.

Help with Swish-e: