SetSearchLimit and -L

From: <SSchattenberg(at)not-real.iht.com>
Date: Mon Feb 07 2005 - 16:15:58 GMT
Thank you very much for taking the time to answer the world's swish-e
questions and congrats for writing something so valuable.

I have a date meta tag in the form yyyy-mm-dd and would like to use this
meta tag to limit searches based on user input.  When I execute the
following command in the shell it works just fine:

      swish-e -w bush -s publicationdate -L publicationdate 2005-01-03
2005-01-09

However, I have assumed that the function SetSearchLimit from the perl API
should do something similar but it does not.  So my question is two-fold,
1.  What is the difference between SetSearchLimit and -L and 2, how can I
limit my searches by date without rewriting code to produce a date in a
different format?

Thanks for your help,

Steven