Re: Problems with sorting German Umlaut

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Feb 03 2005 - 19:00:12 GMT
On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 07:34:46PM +0100, Andreas Seltenreich wrote:
> > Might be better to figure out where those strings are allocated and
> > allocate another byte and make them null-terminated to start with.
>
> Ok, I'm going to spend some time getting myself more familiar with the
> code.

Let me know if you need help.  I'd need some time to refresh myself
with the code, but I rewrote much of the property code at one time.

> strcoll works flawlessly with utf-8 locales. Here's an example I ran
> in an utf8-xterm (I used "file" to make sure I am actually typing
> utf-8):

I don't know utf-8 very well.  Is that because the characters are
single-byte utf-8 chars?  I suppose if strcoll is locale aware then
it's utf-8 aware.

Thanks for looking at this, Andreas.