Rpm build problems: Failed to find [swish-config] in PATH

From: Stephen Granger <sgranger(at)not-real.stepsoft.com.au>
Date: Wed Jan 19 2005 - 05:19:32 GMT
Hi,

I know this is maybe off-topic and I apologize as it probably has more
to do with building
rpms than swish-e itself, though I'm stuck so I'd thought I'd ask
anyway. I am trying to build
rpms on Redhat Fedora 3.

I found some documentation on how to build swish-e in the CHANGES file,

**Added RPM support*
*

RPMs can be built with:

/configure  make dist

Copy the resulting tarball to RPM's SOURCES directory and then run as a
superuser:

rpmbuild -ba rpm/swish-e.spec

You should have swish-e packages in your RPMS/<arch> directory. [augur]

Could this documention be included in the INSTALL file next to 'Building
a Debian Package'?.
Just so it's easier for the next person to find =)

I've carried out the above mentioned steps, copied the swish*.tar.gz
into my sources directory
and run (SPEC file is,
http://dag.wieers.com/packages/swish-e/swish-e.spec and the included
rpm/swish-e.spec)

rpmbuild -ba SPEC/swish-e.spec

and get the error

+ SWISHBIN=~/rpm/tmp/BUILD/swish-e-2.4.3/src/swish-e
+ /usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL

  ** ERROR: Failed to find [swish-config] in PATH
  Run perl Makefile.PL SWISHHELP for options

error: Bad exit status from ~/rpm/tmp/rpm-tmp.64530 (%build)

RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from ~/rpm/tmp/rpm-tmp.64530 (%build)

Here is my .rpmmacro

##---------------------------------------------------------

%packager               Stephen
%distribution           Redhat Fedora 3

%_topdir                /home/user/rpm
%_tmppath               /home/user/rpm/tmp/

%_rpmtopdir             %{_topdir}/%{name}
%_builddir              %{_tmppath}/BUILD
%_rpmdir                %{_rpmtopdir}
%_sourcedir             %{_rpmtopdir}
%_specdir               %{_rpmtopdir}
%_srcrpmdir             %{_rpmtopdir}

##---------------------------------------------------------

and I have the directories setup

~/rpm/SOURCES
~/rpm/RPMS
~/rpm/SPECS
~/rpm/tmp/BUILD
~/rpm/SRPMS
~/rpm/swish-e

Again, I apologize seeing it's a bit off topic and may just be caused by my
infancy to the rpmbuild process.

Thanks
Stephen