Re: random crashing of spider.pl!?

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Sat Jan 15 2005 - 06:34:58 GMT
On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 04:50:31PM -0800, Justin Tang wrote:
> Hi all:
>
>   I'm trying to use spider.pl for some verification tool, and it seems to be
> crashing randomly on me!!! As far as I can tell, it seem to die somewhere
> between the test_url and the test_response callback functions.  Now does
> anyone know what's a response that could kill spider completely?  Thanks...

Are you on shared hosting?  I had that exact problem once and it
turned out that the hosting provider had a script that killed any user
process that ran more than a few minutes.

Otherwise, what kind of crash?  I think the program trap
$SIG{__DIE__}, so it should report those kind of errors.  It doesn't
trap any other signals - well it catches SIGHUP as a way to cleanly
abort the spider.