Re: Rebuilding libswish-e under win32?

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Thu Jan 13 2005 - 05:03:26 GMT
On Wed, 2005-01-12 at 07:47 -0800, Gunnar Mätzler wrote:
> Is it possible to get some kind of "build instructions"?

Once your build environment is setup for MSVC you can simply open swish-
e/src/win32/swish-e.dsw then press F7 (Build menu -> Build swish-e.exe).

> I am especially interested in information like:
>
> How to get the complete source.

Source code is available via the "swish-e" module in the swish-e CVS
repository or as a tarball (.tar.gz).
Released source code:
  http://swish-e.org/Download/

Anonymous CVS repository instructions:
  http://sf.net/cvs/?group_id=15097

Daily source code snapshots from CVS:
  http://swish-e.org/dev/swish-daily/

> What compiler to use. Is it possible to build libswish-e with Visual Studio
> 6.0 or Visual Studio Net? Or do i need the gnu compiler?

On Windows the source code supports either MSVC 6 or GNU MinGW
(http://mingw.org/).  Support for MSVC may eventually be dropped as I
don't have regular access to Windows systems to maintain it.

Daily Windows snapshots are being made using a GNU MinGW cross-compiler
under Linux and packaged using a Linux build of makensis:
  http://webaugur.com/wares/files/swish-e/daily

> Do i have to download other libraries (regex?) to be able to build the
> library?

Windows builds require PCRE (regex).  For MSVC you will also require
libxml2, iconv and zlib as they are hard coded into the project files.
For GNU MinGW you may need to build libxml2, iconv, zlib, and pcre
yourself.

Below is a link to a zip archive of the MSVC build environment I used
for the 2.4.3 release.  You should be able to open swishe.dsw and press
F7 to build it.  The zip archive contains the latest development source
code for the swish-e and swishctl modules from CVS.
  http://webaugur.com/wares/files/swish-e/swish-build.zip

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/