Re: Index size in 2.4.3

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Jan 10 2005 - 18:08:14 GMT
On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 12:33:41AM -0800, ??????????? ?????? wrote:
> I add in my config
>
> >CompressPositions YES
> but
> swish-e -TINDEX_HEADER -f index
> not shown any info about it.

It doesn't really need to.  When the data is stored there's also a
number stored that gives the reduction in space -- so the detects if
the data has been compressed or not.  So there's no need for a header
entry to say if it's been compressed or not.

> and when I merge some indexes in result I have
> err: Error writing to device while trying to write 4993298 bytes: File too large
>
> in version 2.4.2 result index after merge was 1.5 Gb

I'll have to defer to Jose for the problem.  Unfortunately, that
message is the same in a few places in the code, so not sure which
place is failing -- and not sure if that number is reasonable or not.

If it's not reasonable then we have a bug, otherwise it's just that
it's writing a larger file than your file system supports.