Re: installing perl module problem

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Thu Jan 06 2005 - 18:46:38 GMT
On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 12:36:12PM -0600, Peter Karman wrote:
> but you are saying the same thing I am, yes? that the LIBS options
> (whether set explicitly on the cmd line, or new in 2.4.3, via
> swish-config) is the relevant option for setting LD_RUN_PATH.

I think it is now.  But my guess is on Dragana Radulov's Red Hat
machine it wasn't setting LD_RUN_PATH due to an older version of

It compiles because the complier knows about -L, but it doesn't link
because the linker doesn't know to look in /usr/local/lib for

So, by running "LD_RUN_PATH=/usr/local/lib make" it would solve the
problem like the current version of MakeMaker does.  I used to run
make that was all the time when installing the perl module in a
non-standard place.

Which prompted my question if I could get Makefile.PL to somehow always
set LD_RUN_PATH regardless of which version of MakeMaker is used.
It's likely not that easy due to all the odd versions of MakeMaker out

Help with Swish-e: