Re: installing perl module problem

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Thu Jan 06 2005 - 18:37:49 GMT
Bill Moseley wrote on 01/06/2005 12:28 PM:

> It's also probably dependent on what version of MakeMaker you have
> installed.

yes definitely.

> Swish 2.4.3 does this in the make file:
>
>    $config{LIBS}    = backtick( "$binary --libs" );
>
> which is:
>
>    $ swish-config --libs
>    -L/usr/local/lib -lswish-e -lz -lm
>
> And on my machine when I run make I see:
>
> LD_RUN_PATH="/usr/local/lib" cc  -shared -L/usr/local/lib API.o  -o blib/arch/auto/SWISH/API/API.so   -L/usr/local/lib -lswish-e -lz -lm
>
> So on my machine it is indeed setting LD_RUN_PATH.  That may not be
> happening on older versions of MakeMaker.

yes, sorry. obviously my memory is poor.

but you are saying the same thing I am, yes? that the LIBS options
(whether set explicitly on the cmd line, or new in 2.4.3, via
swish-config) is the relevant option for setting LD_RUN_PATH.

>>and if memory serves, the LDFLAGS option (while documented) does not
>>seem to work as expected. It seems to be ignored altogether.
>

> Again, that may be dependent on the version of MakeMaker.

probably. I think I was using a recent version, though.

--
  Peter Karman . http://peknet.com/ . peter(at)not-real.peknet.com