Re: 'request' callback?

From: Scott Hepler <jscotth(at)not-real.vermontel.net>
Date: Thu Jan 06 2005 - 01:34:01 GMT
On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 10:36:50AM -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 10:26:53AM -0800, Scott Hepler wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > Back on Tue, 20 Jul 2004 08:24:58 -0700 (PDT), Bill wrote this
> > (http://www.swish-e.org/Discussion/archive/2004-07/7890.html):
> >
> > -snip-
> > I suppose what would be nice is a callback function you can place in the
> > config file (.swishcgi.conf by default) -- there's one to get at the
> > request but not one to see results. Then the logging code could be in the
> > config file.
> > -snip-
> >
> > But, I cannot figure out what that callback is.  Help?  Or perhaps I'm
> > misinterpreting that statement?
>
> I think it's just one that I said would be nice to have -- not one
> that actually exists.
>
> So is it some kind of special logging you wish to do?

No, I was just wanting to log requests in their own file.  I was looking
for info in the archive and happened to find this post, and didn't want to
patch each new version if the 'stock' code had the capability.

Thanks for the quick reply and hard work!

-s.

--
Scott Hepler
System Administration and Security