swish-e in programs

From: Martin Djernæs <martin(at)not-real.djernaes.dk>
Date: Thu Dec 23 2004 - 20:06:05 GMT
Hi,

So I was reading through the documentation for swish-e, while trying to
see if it was possible to write a special purpose indexing and searching
program around the swish-e engine. It seems like the searching part is
well described and easy to integrate into a program, but I do not see
any other way to do the indexing than to execute the swish-e program
directly while pipeing the data through stdin. Now that might be good
enough for me, but I was wondering if there would be a more
"appropriate" way of doing this from a program. When I say "appropriate"
I probably think about 1) speed and 2) hide the configuration etc. from
the user.

Thanks,
Martin