Re: Indexing pdf and doc

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Dec 20 2004 - 22:43:46 GMT
On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 02:11:42PM -0800, Smith, Sarah wrote:
> The space was a problem and maybe still is. I now get the error
> '\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file. I tried putting double quotes around
> "Program Files" ( and got the error cannot open
> 'Files\SWISH-E\lib\swish-e\catdoc.exe' because it dropped the "Program"
> part of the path) and tried swapping so I had double quotes on the
> outside and single on the inside (and got the error '\'Program' is not
> recognized as an internal...)
>
> FileFilter .pdf '/Program Files/SWISH-E/lib/swish-e/pdftotext.exe' '%p -'

I would think that would work.  Although you would probably want:

FileFilter .pdf '/Program Files/SWISH-E/lib/swish-e/pdftotext.exe' '"%p" -'

or

FileFilter .pdf "/Program Files/SWISH-E/lib/swish-e/pdftotext.exe" '"%p" -'

(quotes around %p) so that files with spaces work.

I think swish uses the first quote it finds (double or single) so
either would work for quoting the program name.

Oh wait! I remember seeing somewhere that Windows is weird, so maybe
you need to do:

FileFilter .pdf '"/Program Files/SWISH-E/lib/swish-e/pdftotext.exe"' '"%p" -'

Where the single quotes tells swish it's one parameter, and the double
quotes is to make Windows accept the path with the space.

I wonder if you can do this?

FileFilter .pdf pdftotext '"%p" -'

I know with -S prog swish will look in a few places for the program in
addition to your PATH setting.  Maybe FileFilter will, too.