Re: Working with SwishSetSearchLimit (or -L)

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Dec 06 2004 - 18:37:59 GMT
On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 10:22:53AM -0500, Tac Tacelosky wrote:
> In the ideal world, full-text and database searching would be tightly
> integrated, and MySQL has done a pretty good job of doing that, but the
> full-text search is not as fast or as strong as swish-e.

Or as flexible.  I'm using MySQL full-text searching and there's a lot
of trade-offs.  I had to explain that to the client when they asked
to change things that could not be changed.  That job would have been
better done with swish, but (unfortunately for me) they didn't have
the desire to put in a few more hours at this time.

I suspect MySQL's (and Postgresql's) full-text searching will improve
over time.  For now there's not a best-of-both-worlds solution.

Anyone tried Postgres' full-text searching yet?