Re: Re: Re: Re: Swish-E with incremental index building

From: Tilo Muetze <tmuetze(at)not-real.alanti.net>
Date: Mon Dec 06 2004 - 15:20:34 GMT
Hi Peter,

Peter Karman wrote:
> it works for me, so all I can guess is that there's something amiss with
> how it's dealing with filtered files? I suggest trying some of the
> debugging features, with -T and -v and so forth, to try and figure out
> what's happening. note that in my example below, the -r run says "0
> total words" -- to indicate that it was removed, I guess.

[snip]

Hmm I really don't know whats going wrong here:
<<<
muet05@lnxsop02:/leitstand/master/bagjas$ cat test.xml
<foo>bar </foo>

muet05@lnxsop02: ~/swish-e-2.5.2-2004-12-03/src/swish-e -i test.xml
Indexing Data Source: "File-System"
Indexing "test.xml"
Removing very common words...
no words removed.
Writing main index...
Sorting words ...
Sorting 1 words alphabetically
Writing header ...
Writing index entries ...
   Writing word text: Complete
1 unique word indexed.
4 properties sorted.
1 file indexed.  17 total bytes.  1 total words.
Elapsed time: 00:00:00 CPU time: 00:00:00
Indexing done!

muet05@lnxsop02: ~/swish-e-2.5.2-2004-12-03/src/swish-e -w bar
# SWISH format: 2.5.2
# Search words: bar
# Removed stopwords:
# Number of hits: 1
# Search time: 0.001 seconds
# Run time: 0.005 seconds
1000 test.xml "test.xml" 17
.

muet05@lnxsop02: ~/swish-e-2.5.2-2004-12-03/src/swish-e -r -i test.xml
[...]

 From today I will be on a business trip for a week, so until next week
I will not be able to do a deeper analysis whats exactly going on here.
Anyway I thank you very much for your help so far, it's greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Tilo