Re: Greetings Swish-e developers

From: Peter Karman <karman(at)>
Date: Thu Dec 02 2004 - 21:59:45 GMT
hmm. well, Josh can probably answer this better than I can, but I don't
think of SWISHED as a web cgi. It's an interface to the SWISH::API that
provides persistent connections to swish-e indexes and communicates over

Dave Seff wrote on 12/02/2004 03:51 PM:
> I'm not looking for a web cgi. I am looking for a TCP based search
> server.
>  On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 09:38, Peter Karman wrote:
>>Dave Seff wrote on 11/30/04 8:36 PM:
>>>2. Search Daemon and scalability - We would like to be able to scale out
>>>using multiple machines searching multiple collections (100+ Million
>>>Docs). This would require making swish-e cluster-aware.
>>have you looked at SWISHED? not sure if that is the direction you want
>>to go, but you might want to at least review your options.

Peter Karman . . karman(at)
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they go by."
         - Douglas Adams