Re: API make errors

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Mon Nov 15 2004 - 17:11:20 GMT
On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 07:48:23AM -0800, Peter Karman wrote:
> I believe that a new feature in the Makefile.PL tries to determine the
> location of the first swish-e in your PATH. If that version is not the
> current 2.5.2 version, then your header and library are out of sync.

No, Makefile.PL only needs to find swish-e so it can build a test
index to use when running "make test".  It just needs to have a
version of swish-e that uses the same libswish-e that SWISH::API links

> if you are installing 2.5.2 in a different location that 2.4.2 (which is
> likely a good idea, since you're trying to set it up in parallel and
> then move over, I assume), you might set the SWISHBIN env variable prior
> to running perl Makefile.PL.

You would need more than that.  Use the flags as described in the
README to override default locations for the .h and libraries.

I suppose it would be nice to have a swish-config binary that can tell
where the headers and libraries are installed.

Help with Swish-e: