RE: Swish-e scalability, performance

From: Tac Tacelosky <tac(at)not-real.smokescreen.org>
Date: Mon Nov 15 2004 - 16:27:02 GMT
We spent many hours trying to install Lucene and the whole development
environment, and never got it running (we don't have much java expertise
here).  In contrast, we had swish-e running very quickly, and have been
quite pleased with the performance.  We have about 6 million documents,
some with just titles and authors, others with the full text, averaging
about 10 pages of text.

You're welcome to test the search speed at http://tobaccodocuments.org,
though the speed is somewhat masked by the processing time in the
highlighting.

Tac