Re: Swish-e scalability, performance

From: J Robinson <jrobinson852(at)not-real.yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Nov 15 2004 - 14:48:04 GMT
Hello Venkat:

You probably should take a look at Josh Rabinowitz's
article from USENIX this summer.

The paper is called
"IndexingWithSwishe-Rabinowitz.pdf" and is available
from http://joshr.com/src/docs/

It discusses using a 3Ghz Pentium 4 with 2G of ram to
index up to 5GB of data with swish-e (and also with
mysql). Tables of index sizes and graphs of response
times are included.

That paper should provide you with some data points to
start with!

Can't comment on Lucene.

jrobinson