upgrade to current cvs

From: Brad Miele <bmiele(at)>
Date: Sun Nov 14 2004 - 14:19:31 GMT

I am going to make the plung and move from the current stable to current
cvs, my question is this. I have one server that does all of the indexing,
and then i move the indexes to two front end production machines that run
the searches (yes josh, i still plan to use swished soon), how compatable
are the indexes between versions? can i update my production machines and
still have them read the 2.4.2 indexes until the index server sends new
ones? or should i halt the transfer untill all thre are at the same

 Brad Miele
 Technology Director

 Democracy is a form of government that substitutes election by the
incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few.
		-- George Bernard Shaw