Re: Missing File Stemmer.pm

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Nov 09 2004 - 16:10:21 GMT
On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 06:46:28AM -0800, Antonio Barrera wrote:
> Hey all:
>
> I receive the following in my log files.
>
> [Tue Nov 09 09:36:11 2004] [error] [client 198.30.71.62] Stemmed index needs
> Stemmer.pm to highlight

You need to install the SWISH::Stemmer perl module.  It's in the
"example" directory of the distribution.

>From perldoc swish.cgi:

       If you want to use a stemmed index with this program and continue to high-
       light search terms you will need to install a perl module that will stem
       words.  This section explains how to do this.

       The perl module is included with the swish-e distribution.  It can be
       found in the examples directory (where you found this file) and called
       something like:

           SWISH-Stemmer-0.05.tar.gz

       The module should also be available on CPAN (http://search.cpan.org/).

       Here's an example session for installing the module.  (There will be quite
       a bit of output when running make.)

           % gzip -dc SWISH-Stemmer-0.05.tar.gz |tar xof -
           % cd SWISH-Stemmer-0.05
           % perl Makefile.PL
           or
           % perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=$HOME/perl_lib
           % make
           % make test

           (perhaps su root at this point if you did not use a PREFIX)
           % make install
           % cd ..