Re: Local install of swish-e-2.4.1 on Linux

From: Roman Chyla <chyla(at)not-real.knihovnabbb.cz>
Date: Tue Nov 09 2004 - 09:25:34 GMT
hello,

think that there is a bug in buildswishe.pl, function swishe

I guess that
         $zlibdir ||= $swishdir;
	$libxml2dir ||= $swishdir;
should be

         $zlibdir ||= $installdir;
	$libxml2dir ||= $installdir;

when I fixed this, swish-e was built with libxml2 and zlib

here is buildswishe.log, xml2-config was found

checking for xml2-config... /var/home/knihovnik/tmp/test/bin/xml2-config
checking for libxml libraries >= 2.4.3... found version 2.6.10
checking zlib.h usability... yes
checking zlib.h presence... yes
checking for zlib.h... yes
checking for gzread in -lz... yes

in the previous case, $zlibdir resolved to "/tmp/swish-e-2.4.2" (the
path to unpacked source) but correct was "/var/home/knihovnik/tmp/test"
, Libraries have been installed in:
    /var/home/knihovnik/tmp/test/lib

if the fix is correct, some piece of code from swishe function is also
not needed

         my $dir = get_src( 'swishe' );

so, again many thanks to Peter Karman for buildswishe.pl, swish-e now
has libxml2 and zlib installed (i tried it) and I think this script is
very, very useful - it can ease life of many people

I am going to tar up swish-e and move it from Debian to Slackware to
test whether we can build binaries at home and upload them to ISP

roman