Re: Local install of swish-e-2.4.1 on Linux

From: Roman Chyla <chyla(at)not-real.knihovnabbb.cz>
Date: Mon Nov 08 2004 - 15:36:52 GMT
hi,
I'm sorry for reporting so late

I tried to move the first statically built binary from Debian to
Slackware and found that swish-e reports
"swish not built with zlib support" and "Unknown document type HTML2" ->
zlib and libxml2 missing

so I returned back to Debian and tried the binary - but, as I could see
- also was not compiled in, (libxml2 and also zlib still there in tmp
directory used to built swish-e)

I tried reading and playing then

this might be wrong but it seemed to me, that buildswishe.pl did not set
path for xml2-config and configure missed it during compilation,
I tried to set PATH variable beforehand (putting path-to xml2-config in
it) but result was the same

(before that, I tried to run make alone, and swish-e was compiled
successfully, with libxml2)

so I am completely lost on this - however Peter Karman definitelly
helped me, showed me the way, buildswishe.pl did the dirty work of
installing libxml2 and perhaps, you could find remedy for this "sickness".

if I can help, please tell me how - below is the flow of configure
commands from buildswishe.pl(my configuration: gcc 3.3.4, Debian, kernel
2.4..., without libxml2 and zlib installed by root)

best regards

roman

#configure commands
#this is zlib
configuring with:
/configure --prefix=/var/home/knihovnik/tmp/pokus3
1>>/tmp/buildswishe.log 2>>/tmp/buildswishe.err.log

#this is libxml2
configuring with:
/configure --prefix=/var/home/knihovnik/tmp/pokus3 LDFLAGS='-Wl,-rpath
-Wl,/var/home/knihovnik/tmp/pokus3/lib:/var/home/knihovnik/tmp/pokus3:.
-L/var/home/knihovnik/tmp/pokus3/lib:/var/home/knihovnik/tmp/pokus3:.'
1>>/tmp/buildswishe.log 2>>/tmp/buildswishe.err.log

#this is swish-e
configuring with:
/configure --prefix=/var/home/knihovnik/tmp/pokus3
--with-zlib=/tmp/swish-e-2.4.2 --with-libxml2=/tmp/swish-e-2.4.2
--disable-shared LDFLAGS='-Wl,-rpath
-Wl,/var/home/knihovnik/tmp/pokus3/lib:/var/home/knihovnik/tmp/pokus3:.
-L/var/home/knihovnik/tmp/pokus3/lib:/var/home/knihovnik/tmp/pokus3:.'
CPPFLAGS='-I/tmp/swish-e-2.4.2/include -I/tmp/swish-e-2.4.2/include'
1>>/tmp/buildswishe.log 2>>/tmp/buildswishe.err.log

#this should be swish_api ?
configuring with:
/usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/var/home/knihovnik/tmp/pokus3
LIB=/var/home/knihovnik/tmp/pokus3/lib
LIBS='-L/var/home/knihovnik/tmp/pokus3/lib -lswish-e -lz'
LDFLAGS='-L/var/home/knihovnik/tmp/pokus3'
CCFLAGS='-I/var/home/knihovnik/tmp/pokus3/include'