Re: ANNOUNCE: "Indexing Arbitrary Data with SWISH-E"

From: <brad(at)not-real.auroraquanta.com>
Date: Sat Nov 06 2004 - 00:42:10 GMT
Back before i started using swish-e (BS), and before mysqlfulltext, i used
to use a set of modules:

-- snip --
my $fields_searched =
"id,long_caption,crop,keywords,photographer,subject,short_caption,categories,short_keys,orig_id";

      	my $query = Text::Query($in{'Keywords'},
        	-fields_searched => $fields_searched,
            	-parse => 'Text::Query::ParseAdvanced',
            	-solve => 'Text::Query::SolveSQL',
            	-build => 'Text::Query::BuildSQLMySQL',
		-select => $select

-- snip --

as i recall, the idea was to take user input and optimize it
then turn it into sql.

i don't even know if people still use it, i practically had to go to tape
for that snippet.

Brad
 Brad Miele
 Technology Director
 IPNStock
 (866) 476-7862 x902
 bmiele@ipnstock.com

 It is hard to predict, in particular about the future.
		-- Robert Storm Petersen