Re: Combining stem/non stem removing dups in perl

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Nov 04 2004 - 19:14:55 GMT
On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 01:53:46PM -0500, brad@auroraquanta.com wrote:

> Quick google Mr. December 18??? ;)
>
> What i **really** want to know is if you googled caching or googled
> yourself.

No, I didn't google myself.  I was surprised to see my name -- but I
did google using Perrin's name as he had given talks about caching.

It's interesting how often that happens.  I search for some topic and
then I find one of my posts -- which indicates how bad my memory is
because I seem to keep asking the same questions over and over....

> My last question Bill, and as always thanks for the time, i know that in
> the case of html docs, swish assigns value to the imortance of elements
> (title,body, etc). If i use xml elements with the same values does it
> consider them the same? I noticed that the next version has something
> called MetaNamesRank, which seems like it will allow me to do this via
> config.

No, xml files don't work like html.  You might take your XML and
extract out the data you want indexed and then use <title> and <em>
type of tags to alter how terms are ranked.  Index that as HTML2.

Indexing as HTML does give you more options for effecting the rank.