Re: Combining stem/non stem removing dups in perl

From: Peter Karman <karman(at)not-real.cray.com>
Date: Thu Nov 04 2004 - 17:11:44 GMT
Brad Miele wrote on 11/04/2004 11:03 AM:
  I didn't know if a resultset
> of say 10,000 records(combined stem and non), would be cumbersome to
> manipulate.

I imagine a result set that big WOULD be cumbersome (and memory
intensive) if you loaded it all into memory at once. But do you? I might
have 10,000 hits, but I don't need to look at them all at once. I just
want a small chunk at a time to show the user. swish-e is faster at
searching and sorting than perl will be, IF you've got properties
indexed that help that sort of thing.

I return about a couple dozen properties with each result, some long (>
100 char) text strings, some short.

--
Peter Karman . http://www.cray.com/craydoc/ . karman(at)not-real.cray.com
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they go by."