Re: Local install of swish-e-2.4.1 on Linux

From: Roman Chyla <chyla(at)not-real.knihovnabbb.cz>
Date: Mon Nov 01 2004 - 15:09:30 GMT
hello

I have just tried the buildswishe.pl program - there was old path to zlib
(http://www.zlib.net/zlib-1.2.i.tar.gz), after I corrected this I crossed my
fingers and waited

you developers might not share my enthusiasm, but for me, it was amazing -
truly amazing. Simple, worked alone, without questions, smoothly, did not
stress me with output I can't catch. And when it asked something, it asked
only questions I could answer - absolutely GREAT, this script expects that
there may be stupid user on the other side of a keyboard.

Many thanks to Peter Karman

Please could you consider adding buildswishe.pl to the standard package?
Some of your users need it :)

my background:
Debian, kernel 2.4.26, with gcc 3.?, *without* zlib, without libxml2 - shell
access
Later, I will try to build swish-e at home (Slackware 9, with zlib and
libxml, and without) and copy to webserver machine and see...
.. and possibly, I might try the worst possible variant, ISP without shell
access

It was interesting to find answers to my old uneducated questions - when I
saw that libraries were being installed in tmp location, swish-e linked to
libraries in tmp place, and compiled as a standalone

roman