Re: Local install of swish-e-2.4.1 on Linux

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Oct 29 2004 - 16:57:05 GMT
On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 09:48:47AM -0500, Peter Karman wrote:
> good point. I hadn't had to do that yet. I'll look at adding that
> feature ( --compiledir ).

Maybe you should use standard option names. --prefix and
DESTDIR.

Besides downloading sources for libz and libxml2, what does
buildswish.pl do that shouldn't be handled by ./configure and make?
If configure isn't figuring things out correctly then it really needs
to be fixed.  And if there's things configure can't do then maybe
those should be brought up on the autoconf list and see if they can't
be supported.

By the way, I just did:

  ./configure --prefix=$HOME/foo
  make
  make install DESTDIR=/tmp/swish

so it got installed in /tmp/swish/home/moseley/foo/