Re: Local install of swish-e-2.4.1 on Linux

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Oct 28 2004 - 14:09:06 GMT
On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 01:55:28AM -0700, tom lewton wrote:
> Is the upshot of the discussion in the thread
> http://swish-e.org/Discussion/archive/2003-11/6387.html
> that if I  experience the same problem and can't switch to being root then I
> can't  install swish-e locally? is there a way I can use configure or set up
> my environment variables to link the libraries statically?

Sure you can install locally.  You don't need to be root.

You should be able to just supply a --prefix and it should all work
-- don't need to link statically.  Using a --prefix should pass -R to
the linker and store the library path in the binary.

Show exactly what's not working and if you think it's a library
problem show 'ldd /path/to/installed/swish-e/bin/swish-e' output.