Re: <swishdecription> returning blank?

From: Bernhard Weisshuhn <bkw(at)not-real.weisshuhn.de>
Date: Thu Oct 28 2004 - 02:18:57 GMT
On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 07:05:17PM -0700, Tim Hartley <tim.hartley@planetpdf.com> wrote:

> I'm using the File Access method to index a folder of .asp files (as it
> can do it waaaaaaaay quicker than spidering them)
> Anyway, I'm having problems in that it doesn't seem to be getting any
> values in the <swishdescription>, so my results are coming back with
> the <swishrank><swishtitle><swishdocpath><swishlastmodified>, but NOT
> <swishdescription>. All my other indexes return it. Mind you they use
> either the dirtree.pl or swishspider.pl to create the indexes.

Could it be that the description is output by asp-code?
When you index the raw files (file access method), the scripts are not
executed and therefore look almost certainly completely different than
when run inside the web server. You are indexing asp source code as
opposed to program output.

Hope this helps,
  bkw