Displaying a filtered PDF's title in <swishtitle>

From: Tim Hartley <tim.hartley(at)not-real.planetpdf.com>
Date: Tue Oct 05 2004 - 23:45:16 GMT
Hi all,

I'm using the File System index method to create an index of about 450 pdf files. I can successfully do this, however it returns 'pdf_file_name.pdf' as the title, and I need it to display the actual pdf's title.

This is sort of discussed at these archives (http://swish-e.org/Discussion/archive/2003-12/6560.html and http://swish-e.org/archive/6277.html), but I'm assuming I can't call a 'filter_content' using the File System method, and I don't know how to tweak the PDF2HTML filter file to do what I need..

---Begin Config File (pdf_file_test.config)---
#Name & location of the index file created by this search configuration
IndexFile c:\swish-e\pdfTestIndex.index
IndexDir C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\www.cm3.com\planetpdf\pdfs
IndexOnly .pdf
#Dont index anything other than the PDF directory
FileMatch pathname contains pdfs
IndexReport 3
FilterDir C:/SWISH-E/lib/swish-e/perl/SWISH/Filters
FileFilter ./pdf2html "'%p' -" /\\.pdf$/
IndexContents HTML* .pdf .PDF
StoreDescription HTML* <description> 200000
PropertyNameAlias swishdescription title
#Replace the pathname with a url
ReplaceRules Replace "C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/www.cm3.com/" "http://cm3.planetpdf.com/"
#run on cmd line: swish-e -S fs -c pdf_file_test.config
---End Config file---

-Tim