Re: Running programs on Windows

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Sep 29 2004 - 14:00:35 GMT
On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 10:31:30PM -0700, Anthony Baratta wrote:
> Bill Moseley wrote:
>

> >        waitpid delete $self->{pid}, 0 if $self->{pid};
>
> Bill...
>
> The script locked up again during processing. I'm beginning to think
> that the Windows OS is not responding to the waitpid function. ;-(

Well, the question is if it's locking up because the process table is
full or for some other reason.  Some of those PDFs took a lot of cpu
to run through pdftotext.

I suspect my version of Windows 98 isn't very helpful for debugging
this -- I tried running a program that was suppose to fill up the
process table, but couldn't figure out how to show all the processes.

That might be a better program for you to test with (since spidering
takes a bit of time).  That way we can isolate the waitpid problem vs
something else.

> When I get into the office tomorrow, I'll look into the Win32::Process
> option.

Thanks.