Including meta tags in field and default keyword search

From: <PFinch(at)not-real.cch.com.au>
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 06:03:52 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to get data in a meta tag to be searchable as part of a
default query and as part of a field query. However, the moment
I define the meta tag, using MetaNames, it no longer appears in
the default search. e.g.

  <head>
    <title>Payment while stood down</title>
  </head>
        Give the employee all you can afford.

If I just run this through the Swish-e indexer with out any MetaNames
option
I can search for "Australian", "period" or "employee" and return the
document,
however, I can not do "booktitle=Australian", "keywords=period".

      MetaNames booktitle keywords

If I add the above MetaNames to my configuration file then I can no longer
find "Australian" and "period", but I can not do "booktitle=Australian"
or "keywords=period".

I would like to have a meta tages included in the default search and
(if the case required) be able to search them explicitly. Am I doing
something
wrong?

The only alternative I have come up with is to either do and "or" e.g.
"Australian or booktitle=Australian" (which I don't like as it takes longer
to process) or have two mega tags with the same data, one indexed in the
default index and the other indexed by field name.

Any other suggestions?

BTW... does MetaNamesRank work in any version of Swish?

Thanks,
Peter Finch