Re: "No SWISH filters found"?

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Sep 22 2004 - 20:45:32 GMT
On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 01:21:06PM -0700, Richard Morin wrote:
> On Sep 22, 2004, at 1:15 PM, Bill Moseley wrote:
> >
> >Not sure about all those ../.. in the destination --
> >My wild guess is your home directory is symlinked.
>
> Something like that:
>
>   % echo $HOME
>   /u/gl/rdm
>   % pwd
>   /afs/slac.stanford.edu/u/gl/rdm
>
> but (a) I don't have any control over this and (b)
> I don't think it should break the install script.

I can't help with (a), but for (b) it would be helpful to bring that
up on the GNU Autoconf and/or Automake lists if it's a real problem.

Here's the entire configuration that we (swish-e) does for installing
those files:

From: filters/SWISH/Makefile.am:

perlmoduledir = $(libexecdir)/perl/SWISH

nobase_perlmodule_SCRIPTS = \
    Filters/Doc2txt.pm \
    Filters/Doc2html.pm \
    Filters/Pdf2HTML.pm \
    Filters/ID3toHTML.pm \
    Filters/XLtoHTML.pm

How and where they get installed depends on the tools provided by
Automake and Autoconf.

You might check what libexecdir is set to in your Makefiles -- and
then work back from there.  It's coming from your --prefix setting.
Look also in config.log for how prefix is begin set.