wildcard and stop words in properties

From: Michael <mpeters(at)not-real.plusthree.com>
Date: Tue Sep 21 2004 - 18:51:48 GMT
I was wondering if wildcards (*) and stopwords were applied to properties.

In particular I'm trying to allow the user to limit their search based
on a path. They have a drop down menu which which gives them some paths
to choose from. Then I modify the path so that it's the same as the web
path (while indexing using ExtractPath) and put it in a property named
category.

I then use this in my search string. So I can end up with something like
this...
	category=/news/*

When I use this to search (in my form and from the command line) it
almost works, but I end up with some results that don't match, like this

	/chapter/newsletters

Also, when I try a search like this
	category=/about/*
I get 0 results. I expect it's cause 'about' is in my stop words list.

Are these behaviors expected? If so, anyone have any ideas on how to do
what I want? Thanks

--
Michael Peters
Developer