Re: Ampersands are being converted

From: Terry Gliedt <tpg(at)not-real.umich.edu>
Date: Tue Sep 21 2004 - 16:49:02 GMT
Bill Moseley wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 05:58:37AM -0700, Terry Gliedt <tpg@umich.edu> wrote:
>
> So where does that parameter 'use' come from in the first place?
> What makes you think it should be preserved in all links?
> I could not find it in swish.cgi. Maybe my fault, I havent used
> swish.cgi in years.

Ahhh - there's the REAL question. I had this installed in Aug and then
went on an extended vacation... and forgot most of what I had done. So
upon return I decided to finish this up and ... you know the rest.

The 'use' keyword was a hack on my part because I could not find a way
to tell swish.cgi how to specify the index to use. What I was looking
for was a nice listing of parameters used by swish.cgi. Today after the
remark from Bill, I started looking at select_indexes and eventually
found the call to $q->param('si'). That's what I needed to know all along.

Short story is that I've sorted this out. Sorry for the noise, but at
least I learned about &amp; in URLs and now how to force the index to be
used. Thanks for your time.

Most of all thanks for swish-e !!

Terry Gliedt     tpg(at)not-real.umich.edu       http://www.hps.com/~tpg/
Biostatistics, Univ of Michigan  Personal Email:  tpg@hps.com