Q: Can index names be handed to swish.cgi as parameters in the URL?

From: Kappler, Philipp <kappler(at)not-real.quarzwerke.com>
Date: Thu Sep 16 2004 - 08:50:33 GMT
We're using the Win32 version of swish-e-2.4.2. Right now, we're using three index files: Doku.index, Intranet.index and wwwexamplecom.index. These indexes are listed in swishcgi.conf:

swish_index   => ['Intranet.index', 'Doku.index', 'wwwexamplecom.index'],

Because of that, swish.cgi returns results from any of the three indexes at the moment. To improve functionality, we'd like to let our users choose the indexes which should be utilized in a single search. Is there any way to hand the name(s) of the desired index (or indexes) to swish.cgi? I'm thinking of something like

http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/swish.cgi?query=test?indexes=Doku+Intranet.

Is that possible? Thank you very much for your comments and your hints.

Best regards,
Philipp Kappler