(no subject)

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Sep 15 2004 - 15:54:19 GMT
On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 04:07:32PM +0100, J.C.McNulty wrote:
> Can't load
> '/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/sun4-solaris/auto/SWISH/API/API.so
> ' for module SWISH::API: ld.so.1: /usr/local/bin/perl: fatal:
> libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory at
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/sun4-solaris/DynaLoader.pm line 230.

If you look at that message you can see it's the same problem.
/usr/local/lib is not in the search path.

I would recommend emailing your system admin and asking them to add
/usr/local/lib to the default search path (using crle).

> I get the same error if I run it through the command line, but if I set
> the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include /usr/local/lib the command version of the
> scripts works but when I try to display it through the web I get the
> error message above.

Because LD_LIBRARY_PATH isn't set in that enviroment.  That's why
fixing it site-wide is the right thing to do.  You would have to have
LD_LIBRARY_PATH setup when the web server starts, but it's not a good
solution.  Talk to your sysadmin.

> I have included
>
> use lib '/usr/local/lib';

No, that's the *perl* search path -- not related to this problem.