Re: swish.cgi failure to run with libgcc_s.so.1: open failed error

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Sep 14 2004 - 17:30:04 GMT
On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 10:03:14AM -0700, Shen, Ching wrote:
> All:
> I have installed and test swish-e 2.4.2 on Solaris 5.8 apache web server, everything works fine from command line, include index and search.
> I am trying to set up CGI swish.cgi, but it failed.
> I can run swish.cgi from commend line, everything work great.
> include run both

Why isn't libgcc in the default search path on that machine?  My guess
is it's in /usr/local/lib and in your shell you have LD_LIBRARY_PATH
set, but when run from the web server it's not set.  I've seen this
exact problem on Solaris 5.8 before (just a week or so ago I posted
about it I think).

I believe there's a program called crle on Solaris to configure the
library search paths.

   http://swish-e.org/Discussion/archive/2004-09/8123.html